Gå tilbake   Hyperions webforum > Norsk Forum For Fantastiske Fritidsinteresser > Rollespill > Andre diskusjoner

Notiser

Svar

Trådverktøy Visningsmoduser
Melding fra Hyperion:
Gammel 13/12-2010, 16:49
lost and lonely sin avatar
lost and lonely lost and lonely er offline
Forbundsstyret (vara)

Talking Chemistry mid term exam..

The following is an actual question given on a University of Washington chemistry mid term.

The answer by one student was so "profound" that the professor shared it with colleagues, via the Internet, which is, of course, why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well: Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)? Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant.

One student, however, wrote the following:

"First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today.

Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added. < /P>

This gives two possibilities:1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose. 2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year that, "It will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you," and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number two must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over. The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct......leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting "Oh my God."

THE STUDENT RECEIVED AN A+.
"Det finnes to sannheter her i verden. Den ene er at Jorden er rund, den andre, at Kaare Berg er skummel."
Sitat Ukjent Kilde

Sist endret av lost and lonely; 13/12-2010 kl 16:49
Svar med sitat
Gammel 14/12-2010, 22:12
Crowax78 sin avatar
Crowax78 Crowax78 er offline
Forbundsstyret (vara)

Cool Sv: Chemistry mid term exam..

Lol!
Svar med sitat
Gammel 15/12-2010, 08:53
omega1no sin avatar
omega1no omega1no er offline
Medlem

Standard Sv: Chemistry mid term exam..

HAHAHA

Skaperen av Brent Jord
Svar med sitat
Gammel 15/12-2010, 10:33
sunszu sin avatar
sunszu sunszu er offline
Medlem

lol, sprer videre på jobben denne og den andre
"The course of history is determined not by battles, but by the actions of the individual. The strongest city at its most basic level is a collection of individuals. Their dreams shape the years to come. If there is any lesson to be learned from history, it is that all too often the fate of entire realms rests upon the actions of one person. In that dire moment of uncertainty, that person's decision, can unwittingly change the world. One never knows who that person is.” A prologue shortened.
Svar med sitat
Gammel 16/12-2010, 18:23
hobgoblin hobgoblin er offline
Medlem

En skikkelig klassiker det der
Svar med sitat
Svar

Bokmerker

Trådverktøy
Visningsmoduser

Regler for innlegg
Du kan ikke starte nye tråder
Du kan ikke svare på innlegg / tråder
Du kan ikke laste opp vedlegg
Du kan ikke redigere meldingene dine

BB kode er
Smilier er
[IMG] kode er
HTML kode er Av

Forumnavigering

Alle tider vises som GMT +2. Klokka er nå 11:27.

Drevet av: vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Innhold ©2004 - 2019 Hyperion N4F v/Espen Sortland

Norsk Bokmål oversettelse av: Espen, futti, Xadhoom
Nynorsk oversettlse av: Kaia